Friday, March 8, 2013

Inventory

I was reading a talk by President Thomas S. Monson from the last general conference, and I realized I need to do this: "I would recommend this same exercise to you—namely, that you take an inventory of your life and look specifically for the blessings, large and small, you have received."

So here goes.

1. A wonderful, wonderful husband and father. Chris is the best and so so so nice all the time. I couldn't ask for a better sweetheart.


2. My two, almost three year old Jack. He is fun and patient and oh-so-nice to his sister.

3. Sweet baby Hazel. I can't even remember what our lives were like before we got to see her cute smile every day.

4. Being a stay-at-home mom. There are few things I've ever been more sure about than the fact that where I want to be is home with my children. I am so lucky I can do just that!

5. My sister Lizzy serving a mission. It has been a long time since I've been waiting-at-home side of missionary service, and I forgot what a blessing it is to have a missionary in the family. I already feel the Spirit more in my life because of her service and experiences.

6. Old Bessie. Yes, she's still going strong, although she doesn't look as pretty...

7.   My wonderful in-laws.

Which cousin is missing? Yep...Jack.
8. My wonderful parents, siblings, nieces, and nephews

...and some small
9. The duck pond near our house
10. Frozen berries (since that's all Hazel wants to eat, now that she's teething)
11. Finding Jack's helmet
12. My calling in the primary
13. Babysitting trades
14. Good smelling laundry detergent
15. A nice camera
16. Skyping
17. Waffle iron

What are some of your blessings?




1 comment:

Unknown said...

Loved the post Miriam. I'm so glad you came out to Utah and I was able to meet baby Hazel!